Why Choose Us » The Dental Team
All our dentists adhere to the rules governing the profession under strict guidance from the General Dental Council (GDC) "Standards for Dental Professionals".
Mr Sunil Hirani and the entire SmileLux team are dedicated to providing our guests with the highest quality dental care in a relaxed, soothing environment. We are particularly proud of our warm, friendly and welcoming team who are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards and accommodating your individual needs. All members have been enhanced CRB checked and all of our clinicians and dental care professionals are registered with the General Dental Council.
Dr Sunil Hirani
Practice Principal / Specialist Orthodontist
BSc (Hons), BDS, MSc, FDSRCS (Eng), MOrthRCS (Eng)
Dr Hirani graduated from Guy's Hospital, London, England in 1996. He has a Master's degree in Orthodontics and is a Fellow of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) and holds a Membership in Orthodontics from the RCS which was awarded in 2003. In 2005, he passed his exit fellowship, FDS (Orth) which is a marker of Consultant approved training and obtained first place in the UK.
Dr Hirani has published articles in leading journals such as the Journal of Orthodontics, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, European Journal of Orthodontics and Orthodontic Update. He has trained, lectured and presented research to other dentists and orthodontists in the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA.
He has a strong background in working with many different dentists and specialists to achieve first-class results. A good sense of humour, patience and attention to detail ensures that children and adults receive the highest standard of orthodontic care.
- Invisible (lingual) orthodontics
- Pre-prosthodontic orthodontics for crown, bridge, veneer and implant preparation. This involves aligning and preparing the malocclusion prior to any restorative work, hence enhancing the overall result with excellent aesthetics. The restorative work is undertaken by the referring GDP/Prosthodontist.
- Orthognathic patients (we work with experienced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons)
- Any other patients involving multi-disciplinary care
Dr Hirani has a special interest in the management of:
- British Orthodontic Society (BOS)
- British Lingual Orthodontic Society (BLOS)
- British Dental Association (BDA)
- European Orthodontic Society (EOS)
- World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO)
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
- General Dental Council (GDC No:72309)
See Sunil's professional articles and lectures
|Lecture March 2011|
|Orthodontics & Implantology – pushing the boundaries in multi-disciplinary care – how far can you go?|
|Article January 2010|
|Root Fracture: An
|Article January 2009|
of a Patient with Williams
|Article September 2007|
|A late-forming mandibular
supernumerary: a complication of
|Article February 2006|
|Bonding characteristics of a self-etching primer and precoated
brackets: an in vitro study
|Article July 2005|
|Handling Characteristics of Precoated
and Operator-Coated Brackets
|Article March 2005|
|Current Products and Practices
Personal Digital Assistants in